CIX is a 'must attend' technology innovation destination where investors, innovative companies, entrepreneurs and facilitators converge to drive economic growth and accelerate the development and implementation of new ideas.
CIX was launched in 2008 by Canadian investors who wanted one destination which curates and showcases the best emerging tech companies from across Canada. Today, CIX is Canada’s largest gathering of tech entrepreneurs and capital providers with a mandate to foster business collaborations through both structured and informal networking opportunities, and to provide inspiring and informative high-level keynotes and panel discussions to explore opportunities and spark discussion and collaboration.
At CIX, connections are made and deals get done
Attendees include new and established tech founders and CEOs, investors (VCs, angel, corporates, debt providers, etc.), advisors (investment banks, financial institutions, exchanges, accounting, law, recruitment, tech service providers), enterprise, government and media.
CIX program features the CIX Top 20, an exclusive annual showcase that celebrates Canada’s best innovations and the people behind them, meetings between founders and investors from across North America, VIP events, exhibitors, workshops, and lots of networking.
In 2016, CIX attracted 886 founders, investors, corporates and advisors
Why you should attend
Whether you are an entrepreneur, investor or service provider, you can't afford to miss CIX:
- Meet the most active tech investors from across Canada and the US
- Meet the emerging hottest tech founders with the CIX Top 20
- Meet C-level execs from established corporations who are embracing innovation to drive shareholder value
- Establish new contacts and renew existing relationships
- Learn about new tech trends and opportunities from industry leaders and incumbents
- Meet co-investing partners
- Find out why CIX attracted over 850 delegates in 2016
CIX is a valuable business development tool for your company
We pride ourselves on making it easy to make meaningful industry connections. Meet face to face, listen and ask questions in intimate sessions, enjoy breakfast or lunch with executives, or pitch your company. CIX’s program elements include:
- Meeting Exchanges - Founders will get coveted face time with investors and corporates – valuable connections for the next capital raise, future clients or future strategic partner. You may sign up for Meeting Exchanges a month prior to CIX. Investors, corporates and capital providers interested in participating should contact email@example.com
- Workshops - Spend some quality time in smaller groups for valuable business tips and interactive discussions with experts on fundraising, scaling your business, tax breaks, legal issues etc.
- 30 Minutes With - These intimate and interactive sessions feature some of the most in-demand investors, corporates and incumbents talking candidly about what they are looking for in new technology. Seating is limited to maintain an up-close-and-personal vibe.
- CIX Top 20 Lounge - Meet the 20 founders who the CIX Top 20 Selections Committee have deemed to be the hottest new tech startups in 2017.
- CIXchange - CIXchange is CIX’s proprietary platform that gives all registered attendees access to other participants and the full program. Customize your own profile, see all speakers, search for investors and investment opportunities, set up meetings in advance and send messages. It’s all here to keep you connected at the event – on your laptop, smartphone or tablet.
- Office Hours – Take advantage of this dedicated room for your on site meetings.